Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Julius Caesar, Act 3

I'm not sure I want to go along with the other conspirators, but I agreed so I have to. The conspirators have all decided that they, including me, are going to murder Caesar for the sake of the city. I can't believe that I am going along with it. I feel so bad. All the conspirators and I are here at the capital and we are all waiting to do this horrible deed. We are now talking, I've just kissed Caesars hand and I told him it was not out of flattery but by the will that Cimber may be free of repeal. Caesar acts now as though he is confused. Thanks to my brother Cassius everything gets explained. Now as Caesar gives a little speech I think to myself of how good of friends me and Caesar are. I do love him as though he were my brother. I would not kill Cassius, who is my blood brother, so why should I kill Caesar who is my brother in spirit? Now I here those most dreaded words. "Speak, hands, for me!" This means it is time to kill Caesar. I watch one by one as the conspirators stab Caesar in different places. It is my turn now and I feel as though I can not even lift the hand that holds the sword that will do damage to my very sole. I must though. All eyes are on me. Finally, I lift my arm and push the sword through Caesar. The next thing I hear is "Et tu, Brute? Then fall Caesar!"

No comments:

Post a Comment